Thursday, October 25, 2012

Papertrey October Blog Hop Challenge

Joining in on the fun today at Papertrey Ink. Their stuff makes my heart melt.



I loves me a good color combination. It is inspiring. I loved all of the colors, but I chose this one:

I got stuck more than a few times with this one. Finding the right supplies, sometimes you have a great idea but then no matching cardstock! Stamping on textured cardstock can be a challenge for perfect stamping goals, and then there was the concept itself. I took out what I had in these colors and the stamps I wanted to use. NOTHING was working! When I get creatively stuck, I go to PINTEREST. I found this photo and it took off from there!




I just got faux ribbon (my newest aquisition) and then pulled out Photo Finishers for the sentiment. The circle die is from Trendy Trees (also new).

I blame Tim Gunn from Project Runway for this mess...keep reading, you will see how he has messed with my head...

So I have been asking myself "WHO AM I AS A DESIGNER?" and it brought me to another question, "WHAT MAKES A GREAT DESIGNER?" For me this is:

1. amazing composition
2 flawless execution
3. beautiful photographs
4. Ability to explain how
5. unique design aspects
6. consistency of work
7. specific aesthetic/design perspective
8. IT FACTOR

What do you think? Would you agree?

The journey continues...

29 comments:

  1. Very cute! Love the design and the glittery element!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wida, LOVE your circle hanging from the heart punch! Such basic shapes, but a unique use of them. Great list of designer qualities, I love how you put these together. It's hard to quantify these things. I thought about your list and couldn't come up with another one I would add. Good reference : )

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hmmm, I would say that those are pretty good, but not necessarily #4 - that just makes you a good teacher, and we all know there are people out there who can't teach, but it doesn't mean they aren't brilliant or talented.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wilda , this is just wonderful! Love your card and creative idea !

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is so fabulous! I LOVE IT!!! Love the stripes. Love the hanging circle die cut. Gorgeous card! Interesting observations on what makes a good designer. Something to ponder.

    ReplyDelete
  6. LOVE! I think I really need to get the faux ribbon stamp set! The design is just amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Way cool! That stripe work is fantastic! The glittery charm is pretty special too. Brava!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yep, you're a "great designer". The sparkles are fabulous. And I just got Faux Ribbon too and have barely scratched the surface of what I think this set can do for me.

    ReplyDelete
  9. What's fun take on the challenge. Nice graphic punch.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Such a cool, non-traditional graphic card--suits the color scheme perfectly.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Definitely a stand out. And so interesting with your mix of the stripes (uber-modern) with the glitter/heart circle (cutesy).

    ReplyDelete
  12. OK, please don't laugh at me, but I'm back ... I was thinking of one other thing great designers do well that I admire. Keeping abreast of trends not only in the paper crafting world, but also in fashion, home decor, etc. and applying those. Not that they have to be trendy all the time, that would get predictable and maybe dated in time, but working in details here and there which are hot. Or bigger trends, like how home decor is in the gray trend and no longer the chocolate brown trend for neutrals. I dunno, my two cents. [and thanks for your comments : )]

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love seeing a card that nails every aspect of perfection. This card is simply a perfect card.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hi Wida!

    Your card is fantastic, I love the sparkly circle from Trendy Trees. I have to agree with your 8 things that MAKE A GREAT DESIGNER!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Wida, this card certainly has IT factor! It's awesome! All of the elements kept my eyes interested for ages, and now I'm going to look some more! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Very cool design - has a really good balance to it!

    ReplyDelete
  17. I'd say... you've met all 8. :) Very cool card and I love your use of Trendy Tree Tops for your glittery element.

    ReplyDelete
  18. AWESOME....such the perfect card...tons of IT FACTOR going on:)

    ReplyDelete
  19. I have to say, you did a fabulous job! I love everything about this.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Oh WOW! This is just so, SO beautiful! I don't even know where to start! I think the glittery tree-top-turned-ornament is my favourite (I do love sparkly), but the layout works SO perfectly to incorporate all the colours!!

    ReplyDelete
  21. so cool! I love the addition of the trendy tree tops too!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by...